Spicy butternut squash soup recipe
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 80 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
- Yield: 2 people
- Category: main Dish, soup
- Method: roasting, boiling
- 1 organic butternut squash (medium)
- 1/8 tsp chilli pepper (more or less two pinches)
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- You will also need (oven, baking tray, high speed blender and medium size pot)
- Preheat the oven for to 200 °C/180 fan/gas mark 6
- Wash your butternut squash, cut it into half, length wise and scoop out the seeds.
- Spread the olive oil on all the surface of the butternut squash, sprinkle pinch of salt and pinch of pepper and place on baking tray.
- Place the baking tray with butternut squash inside the oven and bake for 70 min.
NOTE: If you are using oven with no fan place the try on the bottom shelf of the oven.
- After the butternut squash is roasted it will be soft and you should be able to easily put fork through it.
- Heat up your stock in a pot or make a stock from stock cubes and place it into the pot.
NOTE: If you are using non-organic butternut squash or have low-power blender I advise to scoop out the insides of the roasted butternut squash out into the pot with stock.
- If you use organic butternut squash, cut it into few smaller pieces and put in your pot with stock.
- Add two pinches of chilli and pinch of salt, especially if you are using low sodium stock.
- Blend all together until smooth and serve!
You can find useful conversion guide here.